Through this year's contest we want to extend an opportunity to the student community to put forth all such ideas into reality.
Aakruti 2017 is all about designing SMART Products for
- Transforming existing products with Future Technology.
- Smart Products for Specially Abled citizens.
- Innovative Products for Transforming Rural Eco System.
- Smart Products for Waste Management and Reuse.
The themes selected for Aakruti2017, are relevant to a large sections of our society. This gives a platform to students from all over India to come up with innovative solutions for not only for longstanding problems but also challenges of tomorrow – both technological as well as social!.
| We firmly believe that today’s social entrepreneurs and crowd innovators will make a real difference to tomorrow’s society!
The team will work on a theme of their choice (selecting one theme from the four options) and create an innovative product design using SOLIDWORKS.
The design can either be an improved existing product, a brand new product or a machine or an entire solution architecture itself!
Please note that limited time SOLIDWORKS License will be provided to all teams
Click here for getting Download Instructions for SOLIDWORKS.
The teams will need to submit below mentioned 4 items on or before October 22, 2017.
- Presentation providing details of design/concept/mechanism behind the design
- Details of the Design Calculations/Hand Calculations (if any)
- SOLIDWORKS CAD Model and drawing of the Innovative Design
- Simulation files/Rendering files
Transforming existing products with Future Technology
Many times while using products or gadgets at home or outside home or at work place, it feels like some additional feature or option would have made this product more usable or more efficient!
“In our day to day life we feel that Products we are using from past days should solve our today’s needs in our House environment as well as in an Industrial environment. To satisfy our needs we need to optimize our products and processes using Innovation with Future technology. Products and processes can be from house or personal usage, from industrial/ transportation/ energy or Environment Safety sector. E.g. Solar canopies, Living walls, optimizing Cooling systems, refrigerators, smart windows etc.
Smart products examples..
Smart products for Specially Abled citizens –
Design smart products for assisting our Divyaang i.e. specially abled people’s community to help them in their day to day activities to make their life better. It can be helping them in the kitchen to cook food, reading books, watching and listening Visuals, using social media communications, Writing aids, transport, Finger Reader etc.
Divyaang || the story of courage || Short film
Accessible India campaign
Some gadgets that can help differently abled people
Innovative Products for Transforming Rural Eco System –
Design ideas to empower the rural ecosystem helping farmers and rural community by desiging innovative products for helping them in their day to day activities including agriculture. E.g. Hippo water roller, Portable water pumps etc. The problems may be of different nature, but solutions can be most definitely driven by technology!
Smart Products for supporting Agriculture community
Smart Products for Waste Management and Reuse –
Today our community is experiencing lots of issues in waste management in Individual houses, apartments, hoteling, medical systems, industrial systems, bio-waste disposals. We need to find out a good solutions to addressing such problems for waste disposal, cleaning and make the environment clean and comfortable for current and future generation. We can do this by means of Efficient sorting of waste, reducing the amount of time and energy in waste management services, reducing the amount of waste created.
Smart Products for waste management
Teams will need to upload the files online after completing their design. They are requested to zip all the files and rename it using their “teamname_team_id” (for eg. if the team name is "Innovators" and the team id is "A123456", then the file name should be "Innovators_A123456.zip". If the file size is too big, it can be split into multiple zip files and named by adding "_part1", "_part2"respectively.
Details of upload links for uploading the data will be communicated to the registered teams during the month of October.
- Uploads received after October 22, 2017 will not be considered for the Contest.
Disclaimer: Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS may us the images of submitted models for various purposes such as publicity of Aakruti Design Contest in various media.
- Creativity, originality of design concept.
- Feasibility of design. Design calculations. Any workable/minimum viable prototype/Minimum viable prototype made.
- Design validations/Design calculations. Simulations done (CAE / CFD / Kinematic Analysis etc).
- Modeling, visualization, rendering of the product and modelling design integrity.
- Product manufacturing feasibility and cost calcustion.
* A ‘Certificate of Participation’ will be given to all entries passing above basic requirements.
* A ‘Certificate of Excellence’ will be given to top Ten teams.
* Judges decisions and results will be final and binding on all.